I've been getting my CSA box from Boston Organics now for about two months. Every week is a fun surprise to see what I'm going to be getting and then having to come up with what to do with everything in the box.
Sometimes I get really cool things like kohlrabi, dandelion greens and garlic scapes that I have no experience with cooking. So I have to come up with new things to do with those, like garlic scape pesto, thinly-sliced kohlrabi on sandwiches and sauteed dandelion greens over pasta.
I thought it would be fun to share with you what I got in my box and how I'm planning on using all of it.
What's In This Week's Box:
- 1 pint of blueberries: breakfast smoothies, oatmeal and snacking
- box of basil: garnish for pizza, pesto and gazpacho
- 3 ears of corn: risotto with corn, radishes, onions and summer squash (recipe coming soon!)
- 1 lb of pickling cucumbers: making these bread and butter pickles and gazpacho
- 1 head of red leaf lettuce: topping for sandwiches, juicing and salads
- 0.75 lbs of summer squash: risotto (see above)
- 0.5 lbs tomato: peach and basil gazpacho
- 1 lb Spanish Onions: risotto and gazpacho from above
- 1 green pepper: gazpacho
These are just my ideas, let me know if you have any better ones!