I'm fairly certain that there is no better summer food than gazpacho. Gazpacho, while traditionally made with tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, olive oil, bread crumbs and garlic can be easily updated to include summer fruits like peaches and watermelon. I absolutely love the refreshing combination of fresh, ripened tomatoes and sweet, juicy fruits, and I'm sure you will too.
What you need:
- 3 fresh, ripe organic tomatoes, preferably heirloom
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 organic red pepper, seeds and stem removed
- 1 ripened organic peach
- handful of basil
- 1-2 T olive oil
- handful of bread crumbs
- splash of water
- fresh bread, toasted
What to do:
- Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend for 2-3 minutes on high speed.
- After fully blended, place the mixture into the refrigerator and allow to chill. If you're in a hurry, you can put the mixture into the freezer.
- Serve with freshly toasted bread and enjoy!